Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our first contact

Hello, everyone! This blog was born from a comment that a student made in class several weeks ago. She said that she had difficulty to express her opinions in writing and, especially, to support her ideas with reasons or arguments. As it is not easy to have debates in class in which everyone can participate as much as they want, I think that a blog can be a good alternative: it will, I hope, give you the opportunity to exchange opinions with all the other students in the course. In this way, you will see a variety of points of view about the same topic, and you will have to support your ideas when someone disagrees with you.
So here comes our first topic of discussion: the blog itself. Do you think that it can help you to enlarge your critical capacity and make your opinions sounder? How? What would you like to see in it? Is there anything else that you expect from it? What?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's a great idea!I hope students take advantage of this resource. Gaby

Sandra Gargiulo said...

Wonderful! A democratic "place" to share your opinions with others, including your teacher! Sandra

Unknown said...

You see Sandra... we're not that evil, anyway... lol Gaby

Rosebud said...

I'm very glad that someone has came up with such a great idea. Maybe, by remaining "anonymous", more and more students will find it easier to express their ideas because, let's face it, speaking in fron of the class may be intimidating -especialli if you're shy-. I really hope this possibility will help us improve our english and our "thinking straight"
Lu

Evi_21 said...

Wow! I've just seen my face in the album haha Great idea to create a blog! Like it!!
And yes, I believe this will help us to both practice our argumentation skills and get to know each other a bit more :)

I guess I expect to discuss books, films and/or topics in general.


Evi

Pat said...

It´s great to have a place where you are able to share your point of view about any matter in a "relaxed" way from home and any time you feel like doing it!
Good for the teachers!
Pat

ToTi said...

I simply think it´s great and I thank the teachers as it´s the only subject that really cares about students.

A. F. Ch. said...

I agree with my mates' comments. This is a enormous opportinity for us to debate and discuss different topics and themes regarding (why not!) our examns, class topics and more....

I hope most of the students can take advatange of this blog !!!

Alvaro

*Lau* said...

This blog's awesome! I've just read the comments and I could sense a great deal of enthusiasm- very contagious, by the way- and it gives us, students, more 'appetite' for writing, which is sth. professors have never done before. Good for you, teachers! Brilliant idea!

Unknown said...

I agree with you, mates! This is a great opportunity to discuss about different topics without the exam pressure we have every time we have to write in class... I think we all should take advantage of this and exchange our opinions.